Re: [AMBER] R: R: strange POPC under lipids 11 FF

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 15:43:30 -0700

Ref: (70) Kučerka, N.; Nieh, M.-P.; Katsaras, J. Biochim. Biopys. Acta 2011, 1808, 2761–2771.

Issue with surface tension: Mostly due to VDW terms and dihedrals in the aliphatic tails. We have a paper in revision right now that solves this so one does not need constant surface tension. We will incorporate this into Lipid11 making Lipid12 (or maybe 13) shortly.

I don't think the water model has too much effect since the area per lipid is most affected by the interaction of the tails.

Giovani, Y axis is Area per lipid in Angstroms squared. Sorry that got cutoff when I pulled out the figure.

All the best
Ross