Re: [AMBER] R: R: strange POPC under lipids 11 FF

From: Marek Maly <marek.maly.ujep.cz>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 16:05:22 +0200

Hi all,
just to ammend Giovanni's last question, Ross could you
sent the reference for the experimental data you are using in your actual
study ?

Regarding to insufficient ability of the lipid ff to reproduce some
experimental data
unless artificial external surface_tension is applied might it be also
partially connected
with limited accuracy of the simplest water parametrization used - TIP3P
? as the hydrophobic/filic
effects play here important role.

Of course it could be eventually easily tested by comparing to simulations
with another water models (SPC ...)

   Best wishes,

       Marek

http://www.opera.com/mail/