Re: [AMBER] help ! zinc parameters

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 09:18:15 -0700

Hi Zhu,

"searched through our Mailing List and consulted the related papers"

Are you really sure you actually did this? - A simple search for Zinc
Parameters on http://archive.ambermd.org/ turns up a number of useful hits.
I suggest you read through these first since this question has been answered
a number of times on the mailing list. There is are also an extensive number
of manuscripts dealing with the parameterization of Zinc.

You can take a look at the following papers and the references they cite for
the Zinc coordination:

Walker, R.C., Klug, D.R. et al. "Large and fast relaxations inside a
protein: Calculation and measurement of reorganisation energies in alcohol
dehydrogenase.", J. Phys. Chem. B., 2002, 106(46). 11658-11665

Walker, R.C., Cho, B.M., Amer, H., Mercer, I.P., Gould, I.R., Klug, D.R.,
"The effect of adiabaticity on electron dynamics in Zinc Myoglobin." J.
Phys. Chem. B., 2005, 109(12), 5954-5961.

You can also take a look at my Ph.D thesis available here:
http://www.rosswalker.co.uk/reports1.htm

This has a significant amount of discussion on simulating Zinc bound to CYS,
HIS and other molecules in LADH and Zinc-myoglobin.

The parameters here are derived from the following manuscripts:

Ryde, U. Proteins: Struct., Funct., Genet. 1995, 21, 40.
Ryde, U. Eur. Biophys. J. Biophys. Lett. 1996, 24, 213.
Ryde, U. J. Comput.-Aided Mol. Des. 1996, 10, 153.

You could also consider the ZAFF force field: Peters M.B. et al, J. Chem.
Theory Comput., 2010, 6 (9), pp 2935-2947

A simple search of the literature would have uncovered these works (and
others). I would suggest becoming familiar with how to conduct such searches
and reviews of the literature since it is a critical skill in becoming a
successful scientist.

Good luck,
Ross