Re: [AMBER] MMPBSA.py energy decomposition inconsistencies

From: Antje Wolf <antje.wolf.scai.fraunhofer.de>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 18:13:21 +0200 (CEST)

DEar Jason,

No, I generated all topology files in one leap step, so the scaling factors should be consistent across ligand/complex and receptor/complex. Any tip where I could have a look to find out what exactly is going on?

Thanks,
Antje

----- Ursprüngliche Mail -----
| On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 2:51 AM, Antje Wolf
| <antje.wolf.scai.fraunhofer.de>wrote:
|
| > I am combining different force fields for the system I am studying:
| > parm99SB+bsc0 for the receptor and a tailored ff for the ligand
| > that is
| > using different 1-4 scaling factors (SCEE=1.0 and SCNB=1.0). I was
| > very
| > careful about setting it up and used the most recent version of
| > tleap to
| > have the different values for SCEE and SCNB written into the
| > topology files.
| >

| This would certainly cause the behavior if the 1-4 scaling factors
| for the
| ligand atoms is different in the complex and the ligand topology
| files. If
| the FF for the ligand treated in the complex is different than the FF
| for
| the isolated ligand, then you're going to have a problem (likewise if
| the FF
| for the receptor atoms in the complex is different than the FF for
| the
| isolated receptor).
|
| Is this the case?
|
| --Jason
|

| > Could this be the source for the large difference in the
| > calculation?
| >
| > Anybody experienced a similar behavior?
| >
| > Antje
| >
| > ----- Ursprüngliche Mail -----
| > | On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 11:34 AM, Antje Wolf
| > | <antje.wolf.scai.fraunhofer.de>wrote:
| > |

| > -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

| > |
| > | Yea, I would say that is an unacceptable difference. I've never
| > | seen
| > | this
| > | behavior before... If this is a bug, though, it's a bug in
| > | sander
| > | since all
| > | MMPBSA.py does is parse the sander output
| > |
| > |

| > | > |
| > | > |