Re: [AMBER] Using iwrap with harmonic restraints

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 20:50:55 -0400

Only if the restrained molecule were to move out of your primary box (it
would then get reimaged). I don't think this would be an issue until you
re-started the simulation (if you kept the same reference structure, of
course).

However, this is unlikely to happen to restrained molecules, so I'm guessing
you'll be fine here. The upside is if anything *does* go wrong, it will go
wrong in a spectacularly noticeable way.

HTH,
Jason

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 8:44 PM, Ozen, Aysegul <Aysegul.Ozen.umassmed.edu>wrote:

> Dear Amber users,
>
> I've been using iwrap=1 in my long simulations as recommended in the Amber
> 10 manual without any issues so far. However, I need to set up a new
> simulation where a subset of residues has to be restrained harmonically in
> the production with respect to the minimized coordinates. I'm restarting at
> every 1 ns and at each restart the reference for the restraint is the same
> minimized structure. My question is would wrapping the coordinates into the
> primary box interfere with the way restraining works? Here's my mdin:
>

> &cntrl
>
> iwrap=1, !crd and rst wrapped into a primary box
> irest=1, !restart calculation
> ntx=5, !X and V are read formatted, box info read as
> ntb=2
>
> !constant T
> temp0=300.0,
> ntt=3, gamma_ln=1.0, ig=-1,
>
> !constant P
> ntb=2,
> ntp=1,
>
> !SHAKE
> ntc=2,
> ntf=2,
>
> !restraint
> ntr=1, restraintmask=':1-7,78,144,153,156-160,175-181,186 & .CA',
> restraint_wt=1.0 !kcal/mol/A2
>
> !outputs
> ntpr=500,
> ntwr=50000,