[AMBER] Using iwrap with harmonic restraints

From: Ozen, Aysegul <Aysegul.Ozen.umassmed.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 20:44:08 -0400

Dear Amber users,

I've been using iwrap=1 in my long simulations as recommended in the Amber 10 manual without any issues so far. However, I need to set up a new simulation where a subset of residues has to be restrained harmonically in the production with respect to the minimized coordinates. I'm restarting at every 1 ns and at each restart the reference for the restraint is the same minimized structure. My question is would wrapping the coordinates into the primary box interfere with the way restraining works? Here's my mdin:

&cntrl

 iwrap=1, !crd and rst wrapped into a primary box
 irest=1, !restart calculation
 ntx=5, !X and V are read formatted, box info read as ntb=2

 !constant T
 temp0=300.0,
 ntt=3, gamma_ln=1.0, ig=-1,

 !constant P
 ntb=2,
 ntp=1,

 !SHAKE
 ntc=2,
 ntf=2,

 !restraint
 ntr=1, restraintmask=':1-7,78,144,153,156-160,175-181,186 & .CA', restraint_wt=1.0 !kcal/mol/A2

 !outputs
 ntpr=500,
 ntwr=50000,
 ntwx=500,