Re: [AMBER] molecule out box after reimage

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 20:41:08 -0400

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 6:47 PM, mirage . <m.o.m.live.fr> wrote:

> Hi Amber users,
> I want to count the number of hbond durig simulation, then i do rimage with
> ptraj like :
>
> trajin md.mdcrd
> center :1-3
> trajout reimaged.mdcrd
> image center familiar
>
> 1/ a part of my molecule is sometimes out of box !!! How to do correction?

Try this:

trajin md.mdcrd
center :1-3 mass origin
image origin familiar
trajout reimaged.mdcrd

Is your molecule just residues 1-3?

2/ is there any software like vmd to do this ?

ptraj can do it. So can cpptraj. WHen you say "software like VMD" do you
mean a GUI?

> 3/ what is the complete and correct command to do this with vmd

You'd be better off asking the VMD people. They have their own mailing list
for questions like that.

HTH,
Jason

> Thanks in advance for any help