Re: [AMBER] Distorted waters in restrained mini

From: Maura Catherine Mooney <mmooney05.qub.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 20:59:18 +0100

Hi Prof Case,

The prmtop was constructed in xleap from a stripped pdb file. I created a lib file using RESP charges generated with amber then neutralized and solvated. The four crystal waters, I think, are important for metal coordination and I wanted to eventually treat this region with qm (along with a ligand). Therefore I thought it best to model these 4 waters with the 'normal' geometry, as opposed to the three-bond model. Do you have any advice in this case? Also I attempted the rdparm command on my prmtop and I thought the output was strange...see below:

RDPARM MENU: angles :WAT
Mask [:WAT] represents 28557 atoms

   Angle Kthet degrees atom names (numbers)

Does this indicate something strange? From looking at the prmtop file, I can see the residue names WAT...but I'm not sure why it is not printing these out.

Thanx,

Maura