Re: [AMBER] CUDA Segfault GTX470

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 20:41:16 -0400

If you upgraded, maybe you need to re-install the cuda drivers for the video
cards as well as the cuda compiler and SDK (though I don't think the SDK is
needed for pmemd.cuda, but I may be mistaken).

I know that each time I upgraded my kernel in Ubuntu, it wreaked havoc with
my video drivers, and I had to re-install them every time to get them to
work properly. I'm not positive, but I'm guessing the upgrade to 10.04 LTS
came bundled with a newer kernel as well. It could also be that the
interface to Fermi is a little buggy, since it is a fairly new line.

Good luck!
Jason

P.S. On a related (but not totally related :) ) note, pmemd.cuda builds
perfectly fine with some versions of the intel compiler. It has been tested
and works with 10.1.015 on our local HPC cluster (all we had to do was
remove the error message and make intel a non-fatal choice for configure). I
don't have a list of intel versions it works with, since I don't have access
to more platforms with compatible cuda cards (though I could check to see if
it compiled with a couple other versions).

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida
Ph.D. Graduate Student
352-392-4032