Re: [AMBER] Is the results of NAMD equals to AMBER's sander?

From: Robert Elder <rmelder.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 13:49:31 -0600

Catherine:

My experience has been that sander and PMEMD yield essentially the same
results as NAMD. I haven't directly compared trajectories from each program,
but DNA helical parameters that I calculate are the same, within the limits
of sampling. AMBER and NAMD use the same integration algorithms, I believe.
(Correct me if I'm wrong!)

Why not just use NAMD, though?

Cheers,
Robert Elder
PhD Candidate -- University of Colorado-Boulder