RE: [AMBER] ESP VS AM1BCC

From: Hoshin Amber <85hskim.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 16:51:17 +0900

Dear Jason, Alan, and all amber user

I'm not using SQM or MOPAC. Is this program(?or command) in the amber-tool
package? Like antechamber? I've searched the manual to find how to use SQM
and MOPAC, but that is not mentioned. Now I'm using AMBER9. In this program,
in this program "DIVCON" seems to be used for optimization structure instead
of SQM and MOPAC.

Is it Ok to use DIVCON instead of SQM or MOPAC?
If yes, is it automatically applied, when I use antechamber? Please reply
with reference below.
If no, Could you tell me how to use SQN and MOPAC before running ANTECHAMBER
?

>antechamber -i tfo.mol2 -fi mol2 -o tfo.ac -fo ac -c bcc -nc -1 -s 2
Running: /usr/local/apps/amber9/exe/bondtype -i ANTECHAMBER_BOND_TYPE.AC0 -o
ANTECHAMBER_BOND_TYPE.AC -f ac -j full
Running: /usr/local/apps/amber9/exe/atomtype -i ANTECHAMBER_AC.AC0 -o
ANTECHAMBER_AC.AC -p gaff
Total number of electrons: 74; net charge: -1
Running: $AMBERHOME/exe/divcon
Running: /usr/local/apps/amber9/exe/am1bcc -i ANTECHAMBER_AM1BCC_PRE.AC -o
ANTECHAMBER_AM1BCC.AC -f ac -p
/usr/local/apps/amber9/dat/antechamber/BCCPARM.DAT -s 2 -j 1
Running: /usr/local/apps/amber9/exe/atomtype -f ac -p bcc -o
ANTECHAMBER_AM1BCC.AC -i ANTECHAMBER_AM1BCC_PRE.AC

Thanks in advance

Hoshin Kim,