Re: [AMBER] question about errors during make install

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 15:11:02 -0400

I would agree here with Professor Case. It is probably not worth trying to
work the ifort/gcc combo. If you cannot get icc, then just install gfortran
using fink or macports and run "./configure -macAccelerate gnu". You are
probably not super-concerned about compiler-related performance if you're
only installing ambertools anyway, so the ease of using/getting gfortran
probably outweighs the frustration of trying to pair gcc and ifort via
hacking the configure script. In principle it can be done, but it appears
to be a bit of a struggle here.

Good luck!
Jason

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 3:00 PM, case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu> wrote:

> On Tue, May 04, 2010, Emily Curtis wrote:
> > I am trying to install Ambertools 1.4.
> >
> > My $AMBERHOME environment variable is:
> > /Users/emily/amber11/amber11/
> >

> > For the configure step I used:
> > ./configure intel
>
> After this step, there should be an (empty) directory called
> /Users/emily/amber11/amber11/bin
>
> There should also be a soft link, called
> /Users/emily/amber11/amber11/AmberTools/bin, which points to
> /Users/emily/amber11/amber11/bin.
>

> > When I type make install I am in the following directory:
> > /Users/emily/amber11/amber11/AmberTools/src
> >
> > I changed the bin to a directory
>
> For this step: can you say exactly what commands you typed? Was there
> something called "bin" (where, exactly?) that was *not* a directory?
>
> My guess is that by now, those of us on the list can no longer really know
> what is on your disk. I'd suggest starting again from a clean install, run
> the configure step, then check to make sure the directories mentioned above
> are actually there.
>
> I'm assuming that there were no other messages from the configure step that
> you are not mentioning, and that you saw the message "The configuration
> file,
> config.h, was successfully created."
>
> ....dac

Quantum Theory Project,