Re: [AMBER] MAC version of the GTX 285 and PMEMD.CUDA

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 11:12:12 -0400

Hello,

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 10:17 AM, Axel <axbchb.gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> we have some MacPros in our lab with GTX285 cards and plan to update Amber
> to the new version. It would be great if we could take advantage of these
> run the CUDA version of PMEMD.
>
> Has anyone compiled and tested the CUDA version of pmemd on this type of
> configuration?

I have tried compiling pmemd.cuda on my macbook. It is difficult. You
essentially have to use ./configure.advanced in the $AMBERHOME/src/pmemd in
my experience. Also make sure you've built gnu 4.3 from macports, since I
don't think cuda works with 4.4 and later...

Then, to use the nvcc for mac (which only compiles in 32-bit), you have to
add -m32 to all of the flags (cflags, cppflags, fflags, etc.).

That's enough to get started, I suppose.

Good luck!
Jason

> Thanks in advance,
>
> AXEL