RE: [AMBER] MAC version of the GTX 285 and PMEMD.CUDA

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 08:02:42 -0700

Hi Axel,

It should work fine on GTX285 cards. You will possibly be limited on atom
size by the graphics card memory if they are less than 1GB but you should
still be able to do 100K+ atoms in PME and 10K+ or so GB.

I have not tried compiling the cuda code on a MAC though, have no access to
them here so you may be a little on your own with this part but it should
just be a simple case of tweaking the config.h / Makefiles if need be.

Just to check try updating to the CUDA 3.0 toolkit and make sure you can
compile the CUDA_SDK and run the deviceQuery command to check it shows v1.3
for the hardware revision and that you can access the cards as cuda devices
correctly. If this works then you should be good.

All the best
Ross