[AMBER] Davies Bouldin Index with DME

From: Geoffrey Wood <gwood.MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 10:41:29 -0400

Dear Amber Users,

I have been looking carefully at the clustering tools in ptraj in particular the cluster validity testing using the davies bouldin index (DBI). If my set measure is RMSD then I am able to reproduce the DBI when I calculate it "by hand" using ptraj... i.e taking the RMSD of each centroid with the others and applying the DBI formula. However, when I take the set measure to be the DME then I am unable to reproduce the values that ptraj calculates. In this case ptraj doesn't have a DME command but it is easy enough to use the distance command and calculate this matrix by hand. My question is: how is ptraj calculating the DBI when the set measure is DME?

Thanks in advance, Geoffrey Wood