Re: [AMBER] Amber10 on Snow Leopard

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 19:57:01 -0500

Hello,

Amber10 should work on Snow Leopard (as well as ambertools 1.3).
However, you should make sure that you have compatible compilers (i.e.
a gfortran compiler that builds 64-bit binaries, that you can get
either from MacPorts or hpc.sourceforge.net).

After you have the right compilers, etc., then you should be able to
install amber10 on Snow Leopard simply by following the instructions
online.

However, one thing to note about installing amber10 is that you also
have to unpack and install ambertools 1.2 (which can be found on
ambermd.org) in the same directory. I'd advise you to use ambertools
1.3, as it has many improvements, but installing ambertools 1.2 in the
amber10 directory is a prerequisite to installing amber10. There has
been a bit of discussion about this on the reflector so far.

Good luck!
Jason