Re: AMBER6 on Alphas40 (fwd)

From: Sanjeev B.S. <sanjeev_at_mbu.iisc.ernet.in>
Date: Mon 30 Apr 2001 11:31:14 +0400 (RET)

Hello,
        I am attaching some unbelievable results to this mail. These are
for benchmark results of amber6/test/dhfr/mdout on Alpha - ES 40. Each of
the four processors take much more time than a single linux 700Hz
processor! Also slight change in numbers too. Also I have attaced the
MACHINE file I used and the logfile. I just cannot believe these results!
Can anyone let me know how I can increase the efficiency please?

Thanks in advance,
-Sanjeev
PS: The specs are below:

                      Alpha - ES 40
                     ----------------
* 5 nos - Each 4-processor shared memory system for large scale
      computations..
* 1 4-processor interactive server for program development for
      the above systems.
* 667MHz ALPHA EV-6/7 processors.
* 8GB main memory(RAM).
* 64 - bit architecture.
* Auto-parallelizers for shared memory programs (KAPF AND KAPC).
* DXML Numerical Library.

Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\mdout.alfa"

Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\logfile.alpha"

Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\MACHINE2"