Re: [AMBER] Problem with rmsd

From: Daniel Roe via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 08:57:03 -0400

Hi,

There isn't too much more I can help you with without actually seeing your
system. An RMSD that is in the range of 20-30 Angstroms does seem like an
issue with how the analysis is being conducted, rather than reflecting
actual behavior of the system. Simply changing the residue range to 1-13
because the values look better isn't a good solution.

If you haven't already, visualize your trajectory - there is really no
substitute for seeing what your system is doing. That will make it
immediately apparent if there are imaging issues or two domains are
dissociating, etc.

If you haven't gone through some of the beginning analysis tutorials, that
may be useful as well:

http://ambermd.org/tutorials/analysis/tutorial0/index.php
http://ambermd.org/tutorials/analysis/tutorial1/index.php

-Dan