[AMBER] Amber 22 Nvidia GPU Benchmarks

From: Vincenzo D'Amore via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 11:45:01 +0100

To whom in may concern:

Hello, my name is Vincenzo D'Amore and I am a researcher at the
Department of Pharmacy of University of Naples Federico II.

We are planning an upgrade in our local HPC system and we are thinking
to buy the new Nvidia GPUs L40 (released in November 2022). Our choice
is driven by the information provided by NVIDIA which describe the L40
as the most potent graphic card in FP32 calculations (outperforming even
the RTX4090 version).

So, I was wondering if you already had the opportinity to test or have
any preliminary data about the performances of this GPU in Amber
calculations.

Looking forward to hearing your reply,

Kindest regards,

Vincenzo D'Amore