[AMBER] Method (SHAKE/SETTLE, HMR) to conditionally constrain waters

From: He, Amy via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 17:36:39 +0000

Dear Amber Community,

I’m using sander in Amber20 for MD simulations. I just have a very very quick question about options to constrain explicit waters:

With ntc = 2, SHAKE is applied to solutes and SETTLE for waters. Using option “no_shake” along with ntf = 1, we can conditionally SHAKE (or unshake) part of the system. So..

Is there possibly a way to conditionally unshake, or repartition the mass of the waters in a distance-specified region?

If I do a “conditional” SHAKE, am I essentially modifying the potential energy function of my system? Is the error (difference with respect to choices of unshaken atoms) estimatable?

Bests,
Amy

--
Amy He