Re: [AMBER] Method (SHAKE/SETTLE, HMR) to conditionally constrain waters

From: Brian Radak via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 16:02:03 -0500

You might be able to escape SETTLE by renaming water residues. Sander/pmemd
are not actually that smart and just find water by being told that the
residue name is "WAT" (by default). If you have some other name you'll just
get regular SHAKE I think, or nothing at all with the right choice of
ntc/ntf.

As Carlos said, the "floppy water" parameters are pretty much arbitrary and
not guaranteed to have any particularly nice properties other than to look
nice after minimization.

HTH,
BKR