Re: [AMBER] Antechamber and py_resp qout format

From: Shiji Zhao via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2022 20:40:21 -0800

Dear Evgenii,

Thank you for using py_resp.py and pointing out these issues. For your
specific task, if you are only interested in the traditional point-charge
model, my current recommendation for you is still using the resp program,
which is still available in AmberTools.

Regarding the incompatibility issue of py_resp.py with antechamber, we are
actively working with its developer Prof. Junmei Wang to allow antechamber
to recognize the -t charge file of py_resp.py. For respgen, we are
developing a new respgen program for generating input files for py_resp.py
with the flexibility of choosing point-charge, induced-dipole or
perm-dipole models. The updated antechamber program and respgen program
will be available in AmberTools2023.

Best,
Shiji Zhao