Re: [AMBER] Generation of CPIN in CpHMD simulations

From: Vinicius Wilian Cruzeiro via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 15:55:44 +0000

Hello Divya,

When you say CPIN file for a particular frame, I suspect you refer to having the protonation states of that particular frame as initial condition in your CPIN file, is that right? If so, this is precisely what the CPRESTRT file does for you.

Keep in mind that you can know all protonation states at any frame of your trajectory from the data in the CPOUT file. There is even a script that allows you to visualize your protonation states on VMD (see VMD_pH.py in https://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial18/section4.htm ).

I hope this helps,

Vinícius Wilian D. Cruzeiro, PhD
Postdoctoral Researcher
Department of Chemistry