[AMBER] about mmgbsa method

From: laura zhang via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2022 15:19:29 +0000

Dear all,

I did AMBER simulations on a protein binding with a small organic molecule. Checking the trajectory, I can see that the small organic compounds had PBC effect that it departured from the protein. However, when I used pbc unwrap in vmd program to unwrap the trajectory, the small compound side chains broke here and there. I am wondering how I can unwrap the amber trajectory correctly.
Another question is, under such kind of condition, when I did mmgbsa binding energy calculation on the protein binding with the small organic molecule, will the result be reliable? what should I do in order to get reliable binding energy result? Thank you very much.

Laura