Re: [AMBER] Questions about MMPBSA.py

From: Enrico Martinez via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 11:18:11 +0200

Dear Friends!
Well, I still have problems with MMPBSA.py
Firstly I created stripped topologies using
ante-MMPBSA.py -p ${sim}/protein.prmtop -c ${sim}/protein.prmcrd -c
complex.prmtop -r receptor.prmtop -l ligand.prmtop -s :WAT:Cl-:Na+:K+
-n :lig > ante_${simulation}.log

Then I checked all stripped topologies and trajectories, and
everything was correct.

Finally I run mmpbsa.py.MPI with this script:
&general
startframe= 1, interval=10, keep_files=2, entropy=1, netcdf=1
/
&gb
igb=5, saltcon=0.150,
/
&decomp
idecomp=1,
dec_verbose=1,
print_res="142,145,163,166,189"
/

1) When I do calculations without entropy (entropy=0), everything goes OK!

2) when I add entropy=1 option to & general, it produces the following error:

Error: PDB _MMPBSA_avgcomplex.pdb: No frames read. atom=8849 expected 9333.
Error: Could not set up '_MMPBSA_avgcomplex.pdb' for reading.
Error: DataSet_Coords_REF: Could not set up trajectory.
1 errors encountered reading input.
Error: Error(s) occurred during execution.
  File "/home/gleb/amber22/bin/MMPBSA.py.MPI", line 100, in <module>
    app.run_mmpbsa()
  File "/home/gleb/amber22/lib/python3.9/site-packages/MMPBSA_mods/main.py",
line 218, in run_mmpbsa
    self.calc_list.run(rank, self.stdout)
  File "/home/gleb/amber22/lib/python3.9/site-packages/MMPBSA_mods/calculation.py",
line 82, in run
    calc.run(rank, stdout=stdout, stderr=stderr)
  File "/home/gleb/amber22/lib/python3.9/site-packages/MMPBSA_mods/calculation.py",
line 375, in run
    Calculation.run(self, rank, stdout=self.output)
  File "/home/gleb/amber22/lib/python3.9/site-packages/MMPBSA_mods/calculation.py",
line 156, in run
    raise CalcError('%s failed with prmtop %s!' % (self.program,
CalcError: /home/gleb/amber22/bin/cpptraj failed with prmtop complex.prmtop!
Error occurred on rank 68.

Fatal Error!
All files have been retained for your error investigation:
You should begin by examining the output files of the first failed calculation.
Consult the "Temporary Files" subsection of the MMPBSA.py chapter in the
manual for file naming conventions.
application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 1) - process 68

although I've mentioned the same script without entropy computing
(using the same inputs) works perfectly...

3) In the case of entropy computing using NMA, I have another error
mentioned earlier. How would it be possible to debug my system
assuming that I've already double-checked all generated topologies and
trajectories?
Many thanks in advance!
Enrico