Re: [AMBER] Unwrapping in MSD calculations with pytraj/cpptraj

From: Daniel Roe via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 16:06:20 -0400

OK - this time I really really think I've got it fixed.

https://github.com/Amber-MD/cpptraj/pull/985

Version is 6.14.0 - please beat it up as much as you can. I've tested
with my own files and the files you sent me and everything looks like
it makes sense now, but I've thought that before...

As a bonus, I've now openmp-parallelized the diffusion and unwrap
calcs (cpptraj.OMP), and sped up the unwrap calc by just over 2x by
only calculating the unwrap vector when the entity in question has
traveled more than half the box length in any dimension. The unwrap
results are consistent with previous cpptraj results as far as I can
tell, but again tell me if you see anything weird.

Thanks again for reporting this!

-Dan