Re: [AMBER] PIP2 lipids in Amber FF

From: Stephan Schott via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2022 18:57:54 +0200

Hi Ryan,

You should be able to generate a membrane with PIP2 using packmol-memgen,
though I have to warn you that I added parameters for them as a test for
myself. They haven't been validated thoroughly, so *use them at your own
risk. *With that said, in order to use them, you have to choose a proper
protonation state (I added a table for this in the manual), and you have to
parametrize your system with packmol-memgen to load the proper parameter
files (or at least, generate a suggestive tleap input, and keep it by using
"--keep"; you can modify this input file later on to adjust for frcmod
files and so on).

I am not sure why are you getting that error. Do you see something similar
for other python modules within amber? Parmed for example? How did you
compile/install amber? Which version are you using? Did you source the
amber.sh, or is you PYTHONPATH defined properly?

Best regards,

Stephan Schott Verdugo
Biochemist

Heinrich-Heine-Universitaet Duesseldorf