Re: [AMBER] Extract trajectories REMD

From: Daniel Roe via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2022 08:47:58 -0400

Hi,

On Thu, Jun 16, 2022 at 6:36 AM Juliette Newell
<juliette.newell.postgrad.manchester.ac.uk> wrote:

> Is there a way to modify this to loop over all temperatures and get a trajectory per temperature?
>
> The tutorial says:
> ptraj ala10.prmtop <<EOF
> trajin remd.mdcrd.001 remdtraj remdtrajtemp $T
> trajout remd.Ttraj.$T
> go
> EOF

Which tutorial are you using? If it mentions ptraj it is probably
pretty old and out of date (and needs updating).

If you want to extract all of the temperature trajectories at once you
can use the 'ensemble' command. The 'ensemble' command is like 'trajin
remdtraj' but it sorts and processes all the replicas at once instead
of a single target replica. So you could do something like:

cpptraj <<EOF
parm ala10.prmtop
ensemble remd.mdcrd.001
rms R1 first .CA out ensemble.rmsd.dat
trajout remd.nc
EOF

This will read in the ensemble of MD trajectories of which
remd.mdcrd.001 is the "lowest", sort by replica (temperature),
calculate the RMSD of each member of the sorted ensemble and output to
the file ensemble.rmsd.dat, and write out the sorted ensemble to
remd.nc.<ext>, where <ext> will be a number corresponding to the
sorted ensemble (the corresponding temperature will be printed in the
output from cpptraj).

If the ensemble is large you can use the same input for cpptraj.MPI to
process the ensemble in parallel (using as many processes as
replicas). In parallel you can use to 'ensemblesize' command to
improve the efficiency of setup. So e.g. if you have a 12 member
ensemble:

mpirun -n 12 cpptraj.MPI <<EOF
parm ala10.prmtop
ensemblesize 12
ensemble remd.mdcrd.001
rms R1 first .CA out ensemble.rmsd.dat
trajout remd.nc
EOF

Note that in parallel cpptraj will write each member to separate data
files, so you'll get ensemble.rmsd.dat.<ext>.

Hope this helps,

-Dan