Re: [AMBER] xleap problem

From: Dr. Anselm Horn <anselm.horn.fau.de>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 11:36:11 +0100

Dear Ibrahim,

it seems that leap uses the MTRIX[123] records below the CRYST1 record
from your pdb file. Simply delete the complete pdb header from your
input pdb file leaving only a single pair of chains from one MODEL as
ATOM input, and retry.

I could reproduce your reported behaviour:
I downloaded 2klr.pdb, deleted MODEL 2-9 (from 10 in total) thus keeping
only chains A and B comprising MODEL 1, and saved the pdb file with the
complete header. Then, I started tleap, loaded the ff14SB forcefield and
the modified pdb file, then saved that unit in pdb format.
Visual inspection showed a cyclic structure of three dimers, the pdb
file contains six chains.

Then, I deleted only the MTRIXn records from the input pdb file,
repeated the leap procedure, and obtained an output pdb file with only
two chains, as expected.

Hope that helps.

Best,

Anselm

Bioinformatik | NHR.FAU
Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg (FAU)
Germany