Re: [AMBER] 1D-RISM Convergence

From: tluchko <tluchko.protonmail.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2022 20:04:14 +0000

Hi Abdul,

1 M calcium chloride will like be difficult to converge, if it converges at all. Section 7.3.1 (Amber 20) does contain all of the advice I have. The only thing I can suggest is to start with the KH closure and progressively adjust the parameters of the liquid, making sure that the old `.sav` file is used as the starting guess (this is automatic if the .`sav` file is in the same directory). I would try 1) slowly increasing the concentration of the ions and 2) set the ion charges to 0 and slowly increase them. If you can get this to work with KH, then you can try using that as a guess for higher order closures, though this becomes increasingly difficult.

Also, make sure that you decrease the concentration/density of the water in accord with the amount of salt you are adding.

Hope this helps,

Tyler

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.