Re: [AMBER] cudaMemcpy GpuBuffer::Download failed an illegal memory access was encountered

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2022 16:10:10 -0500

On Tue, Jan 04, 2022, Renato Araujo wrote:

>Dear amber users I'm trying to run a protein/binder simulation and I'm
>getting the following error:
>
>cudaMemcpy GpuBuffer::Download failed an illegal memory access was
>encountered

This message says nothing more than "something went wrong". Study the mdout
file for hints. See if you can run a short CPU simulation, especially if
this error happens near the beginning of a run. Be sure you have minimized
your structure before start md with GPU.

Above are all just guesses, based on things that commonly go wrong. There
are, in fact, almost an uncountable number of ways a simulation can fail, so
you have some detective work to do here.

...good luck...dac