Re: [AMBER] scientific issue

From: Alexander Izvorski <aizvorski.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2021 13:29:53 -0800

Second what David said - probably the kinetics are key. A simple example
of exactly what you're describing would be lipids in water - of course the
lipids would aggregate (into droplets, micelles etc). Now add some
detergent - indeed the detergent would initially aggregate with the lipid
droplets as well :) it may take a long time (maybe even microseconds) to
see any droplets spontaneously breaking up.

Some things to think about: what do the aggregates look like? In a lot of
cases they would have a specific structure (crystal, filament, micelle
etc). What does the "dispersed aggregate" look like? (smaller aggregates
capped with the second molecule, etc) What is the transition pathway? You
may have an easier time simulating (or observing) single steps along the
transition pathway rather than looking for (eg) spontaneous disaggregation
of large aggregates.