Re: [AMBER] Parallel test stuck at Run.dhfr.noboxinfo

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2021 08:45:03 -0500

On Tue, Dec 14, 2021, Yu Chen wrote:

>I tried to install Amber 20 with AmberTools 21 on Ubuntu 20.04, using
>gcc/8.4.0 and openmpi-1.10.7.

You should upgrade openmpi. Version 1.10 is listed as "ancient"
at https://www.open-mpi.org/software/ompi/v4.1/, and the current supported
version is version 4.0.7. Back in 2017, it was reported that openmpi 1.10
fails in exactly the way you see:

    http://archive.ambermd.org/201701/0578.html

Upgrading openmpi solved the problem back in 2017, so I hope the upgrade fix
will still work for you.

....dac

p.s. I found the message above by doing a Google search on "amber
Run.dhfr.noboxinfo". It's surprising how often doing a search on a Amber
error message will lead to useful information.