Re: [AMBER] Regarding Amber20 installation

From: Dow Hurst <dphurst.uncg.edu>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2021 00:46:27 -0400

Rajarshi,
You are probably missing a prerequisite package in Ubuntu 20.04. I got a
lot of this info from Jason Swails webpage on installation of amber for
running pmemd on gpus. Most all the info is still very relevant:

http://jswails.wikidot.com/installing-amber14-and-ambertools14

Packages I checked were installed beforehand for Amber18. Check with "dpkg
-l | grep pkgname" to see if installed or not. (that is lowercase L not a
capital I in the grep command)

gfortran
gcc
g++
flex
xorg-dev
patch
tcsh
libzip-dev
libbz2-dev
libopenmpi-dev
openmpi-bin

These packages were required by cuda9.2 at the time. If you are installing
CUDA you should check those docs for the Ubuntu 20.04 prerequisite packages.
freeglut3-dev
libxi-dev
libx11-dev
libglu1-mesa-dev