Re: [AMBER] How to handle Ca2+ ion with 8 coordination Geometry in lectin domain for MD simulation.

From: Dr. Anselm Horn <anselm.horn.fau.de>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 13:35:18 +0200

Dear Bhat,

yesterday Vaibhav Dixit suggested to use mcpb.py for a similar case.
There is a detailed tutorial about this type of parameterization on the
Amber website.

Maybe you could also try out a simple non-bonded model for your ion.
(cf. the metal ion modeling tutorial on the Amber website).
Whether, however, the available parameters are suitable in your case,
you have to decide yourself, i.e. whether your coordination complex is
expected to be stable or just transient, and what your study is aiming
at. Perhaps test simulations would tell you more...

Best regards,

Anselm

Bioinformatik | NHR.FAU
Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg (FAU)
Germany