[AMBER] How is correlation computed in cpptraj

From: Matthew Guberman-Pfeffer <matthew.guberman-pfeffer.uconn.edu>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 04:45:55 -0400

Dear Amber Community,

I am using the corr command in cpptraj to compute the correlation between two data sets, but I am confused over how the correlation at a given frame in the output could be > 1.0. How is the measure of correlation at a given frame being calculated?

Also, when I compare the correlation coefficient to what I obtain in, for example Excel with the LINEST function, I get a very different value. How is the correlation coefficient being calculated?

Best,
Matthew