Re: [AMBER] Fwd: topology file and co-ordinate file making by amber tool (gaff.dat)

From: Dr. Anselm Horn <anselm.horn.fau.de>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2021 14:20:52 +0200

Vivek,

in your prep file, I did the S->M change for C and deleted the line with
the single "0.0000", then successfully ran the following commands
through tleap:

source leaprc.gaff
loadamberprep cor3.prep
deca = sequence { PO2 PO2 }
saveamberparm deca abc.top abc.crd
savepdb deca abc.pdb
quit

The tleap run created a pdb file I could visualize.
From that inspection it seems that the structure (definition) of your
PO2 entity is not correct at the C-terminal end; maybe your input
structure was corrupt at some point.

I assume that you are aware of the fact that your prep file lacks any
atomic charges at the moment.

A further remark:
Since you used gaff atom types for your system, you will need extra
parameters for the description of the peptide bond to a amino acid
residue, which uses parm14SB or something similar; because your PO2
entity seems to be a mid-chain residue.
(You could simply use a sequence with ACE and NME caps to see that.)

Good luck!

Anselm

Bioinformatik | NHR.FAU
Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg (FAU)
Germany