Re: [AMBER] How many complex trajectories for mmpbsa computations ?

From: Liao <liaojunzhuo.aliyun.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2021 18:39:36 -0500

Let me quickly add-another way to interpret the reviewer’s comment; I see that you mentioned providing the average coordinates picture of the highest affinity compound. That would be the ideal pose found. If running the simulation multiple times, would you still get this same pose? If not, then this may not be the ideal pose-I think that’s what they’re worried about. There needs to be some extra corroboration that those 24 ns are actually representative enough.
Presumably you started with a docking pose, and it’s trustable, then I don’t any point in running long simulations. Unless you’re looking for protein changes, etc. If you want to confirm or improve that docking pose, then the long simulations could be the point.