Re: [AMBER] Symmetrical voids during heating stage

From: Thomas Cheatham <tec3.utah.edu>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2021 04:22:00 +0000

Goodness, I have to reply again. I did not see the second image with really vacuum slabs (not bubbles). That is unexpected to me. Even with an imaging artifact. Feel free to send inpcrd/prmtop and mdin files (scripts) to me and my lab and we will track down.

--tec3

p.s. if you look at the box on left and right side you can see the interdigitation where holes on one side are filled on the other, but the other linear gaps inside are not explainable and not the way the water would split in my experience.

One thing to try is in the molecular graphics, show multiple unit cells, likely just an artifact of the visualization. There is not really a gap, since periodically it is fine. Use CPPTRAJ to autoimage the restart. I am now thinking not an artifact. Just a manifest of the environment when you only see one perioidic image, not the entirety. IF I am wrong, hit me up.

--tom

\-/ Professor Thomas E. Cheatham, III
-/- Department of Medicinal Chemistry, College of Pharmacy
/-\ Director, Research Computing and CHPC, UIT, U of Utah
\-/
-/- tec3.utah.edu http://www.chpc.utah.edu/~cheatham
/-\ SKH-4914 (801) 587-9652; FAX: (801) 585-6208
\-/ INSCC-410 (801) 585-6318; FAX: (801) 585-5366