[AMBER] Symmetrical voids during heating stage

From: Nagar, Hemant <hn533621.ohio.edu>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2021 23:38:09 +0000

Hi All,
I am simulating a dimer protein with water molecules. Initially I am doing restrained energy minimization, after that I am minimizing the energy of whole system. I am heating the system by restraining the protein upto 100 K. When I analyzed my trajectory file of the heating . I am getting voids symmetrical to box dimension. Attached is the image of whole system minimization and heating run. Can anyone help me, Why I am getting those symmetrical voids during the heating stage?
Here are my script files that I am using-
Restrained Minimization
&cntrl
imin=1, maxcyc=10000, ncyc=5000,
ntr=1, ntxo=1, ntb=1,
cut=10.0
&end
Group input for restrained atoms
10.0
RES 1 482
END
END

Whole System Minimization
&cntrl
  imin=1,
  maxcyc=6000, ncyc=2000,
  ntb=1, ntr=0,
&end

Heating Stage-
&cntrl
  imin=0, irest=0, ntx=1, ntb=1,
  cut=10.0, ntr=1, ntc=2, ntf=2,
  tempi=0.0,
  temp0=100.0,
  ntt=3,
  gamma_ln=1,
  nstlim=2500, dt=0.002
  ntpr=100, ntwx=100, ntwr=1000
/
Keep protein fix
10.0
RES 1 482
END
END

trajin file
trajin heat_V_md1.nc
trajout heat_V_md1_frames.pdb
#command to run: cpptraj 1QWT_D_W.top < extract_frames.trajin > heat_V_md1_frames.out

Regards,
Hemant Nagar