Re: [AMBER] Installation Ambertools21 Mac M1 (arm64)

From: Yoshitaka Moriwaki <virgospica93.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2021 16:04:50 +0900

Dear Florian and David,

I may know the solution. I also encountered the same error yesterday but solved it by myself.
I guess you have already installed boost by using Homebrew. However, the latest boost might cause the error on the compilation of moft and metatwist.

The workaround is to unlink boost temporarily before the installation of AmberTools21 (`brew unlink boost`), then retry cmake. After installation of AmberTools21, I relinked boost.

Here is my procedure.

```
brew install wget cmake gcc open-mpi
ln -sf /opt/homebrew/bin/gfortran-10 /opt/homebrew/bin/gfortran # for M1 Mac
brew unlink boost # if present

cd amber20_src/build
AMBER_PREFIX=$(dirname $(dirname `pwd`))
$AMBER_PREFIX/amber20_src \
     -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$AMBER_PREFIX/amber20 \
     -DCOMPILER=CLANG -DBLA_VENDOR=Apple \
     -DMPI=TRUE -DBUILD_GUI=FALSE -DCUDA=FALSE -DINSTALL_TESTS=TRUE \
     -DDOWNLOAD_MINICONDA=TRUE -DMINICONDA_USE_PY3=TRUE 2>&1 | tee cmake.log

make -j8 && make install

brew link boost
```