Re: [AMBER] Installation Ambertools21 Mac M1 (arm64)

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sat, 1 May 2021 12:51:00 -0400

On Sat, May 01, 2021, Florian Nachon wrote:

>I tried to install Ambertools21 using cmake, but it fails at the linking
>stage, much like Ambertools20 was doing (see below).

So, I gather this not a regression, but that the same thing happens with
AmberTools20; is that correct?

Can you post your cmake.log file? The intent is that any external boost
libraries (e.g. from homebrew) should be ignored. But the log file will
provide more details.

As a simple workaround, you can add -DDISABLE_TOOLS="moft" to your run_cmake
script. I suspect that few AmberTools users actually use metatwist, but of
course you may be one of them....

We have some people testing on the new arm64 cpus with OSX, and know that
it's possible to get everything working there. But, as with Intel Macs, the
number of possible combinations of OSX version, XCode version, installation
of external libraries, and versions of gfortran, is somewhat overwhelming.
It you are willing to try some things and report results, that might help
other users.

...thx....dac