Re: [AMBER] Installation Ambertools21 Mac M1 (arm64)

Date: Sun, 2 May 2021 13:38:41 +0200

> On 2 May 2021, at 09:04, Yoshitaka Moriwaki <virgospica93.gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear Florian and David,
>
> I may know the solution. I also encountered the same error yesterday but solved it by myself.
> I guess you have already installed boost by using Homebrew. However, the latest boost might cause the error on the compilation of moft and metatwist.
>
> The workaround is to unlink boost temporarily before the installation of AmberTools21 (`brew unlink boost`), then retry cmake. After installation of AmberTools21, I relinked boost.

Hello Yoshitaka,

Thanks for the tip!

Yes linking to boost seems to be the issue here...

Anyway, I could complete the installation with -DDISABLE_TOOLS="moft" as suggested by David and both Appleclang 12.0.5 and GCC 10.2.1 work.

Also, Miniconda3-latest-MacOSX-x86_64.sh is installed by cmake as there is no Miniconda3-latest-MacOSX-arm64.sh at the moment, although Miniforge3-MacOSX-arm64.sh is available (https://github.com/conda-forge/miniforge)

Since I have already a working arm64 python environment on my system, I guess that I could simply disable the installation of Miniconda (and python packages checks) and the python packages would built just fine.

Florian