Re: [AMBER] 答复: [ambermd.org代发]Re: 答复: [ambermd.org代发]Re: Max relative errors questions in parallel and cuda.serial test

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 08:09:35 -0400

On Thu, Apr 29, 2021, 石谷沁 wrote:

>Thanks for your follow-up. If the errors are with GB calculation, then
>that's quite serious because the most common post-processing tasks we will
>do is MMPB(GB)SA.

Do you use pmemd.cuda for such tasks? Is it really significantly faster
than pmemd or sander on a CPU? I ask because getting single frame energies
involves a lot of initialization tasks that reduce the speed advantage of
the GB calculation itself.

>David, what will be the potential way to solve this DPFP
>errors? Re-compiling with different ways? Install on a different
>workstation/cluster.....?

Both of the above are good ideas. It's certainly possible that you are
seeing a hardware problem, so trying a different GPU might help.
Changing compilers or OS might also help identify the problem. Right now,
we don't have any way to reproduce the problem at our end.

...regards....dac