Re: [AMBER] Sufficiently equilibrated or not

From: Pengfei Li <ambermailpengfei.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2021 17:31:15 -0600

Hi Senal,

If you want to calculate the absolute binding free energy for a DNA/ligand system, I am not sure TI is the best method or not. TI is relatively computationally expensive and is not suitable for simulating alchemical processes with big configurational changes. Maybe for your case MMPBSA/MMGBSA is a better choice for calculating the absolute binding free energy?

Your RMSD became bigger and bigger, and it became relatively large after 60 ns, so it seems the trajectory was not stable and not equilibrated enough.

Hope it helps,
Pengfei