Re: [AMBER] How to correct the H atom direction in the HIE residue?

From: Song, Lin <songlin3.chemistry.msu.edu>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2020 16:47:44 +0000

Hi,

First, HE is Histidine with hydrogen on the epsilon nitrogen, not on both hydrogen, so your PDB file in VMD does not look fine.

Second, for the connectivity problem, PDB will display bonds between atoms based on distance, so if the distance between two atoms are small, it will assign bond between them. For the rst and prmtop file, it will show the connectivity generated by leap. I think the problem here is the atom names in the original PDB is messed up. You can try changing the CD2 to ND1, ND1 to CD2, NE2 to CE1, CE1 to NE2, HE2 to HE1, HE1 to HE2 in the original PDB and use leap to generate the topologies again. Or you can delete the hydrongens and let leap add them.

Best,
Lin