Re: [AMBER] xleap

From: Gustaf Olsson <gustaf.olsson.lnu.se>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2020 08:17:51 +0000

Hello David

I have tried this on macOS Mojave 10.14.6 with XQuartz and no other version yet. If you did a “copy-paste” it will fail as the auto format of mail switches the ' character into a ‘ character. This has bitten me several, several times. I also noticed that I had used “times” for both courier and times examples.

alias c_xleap="xleap -fn '*courier-bold-r*150*'"

I used the above, after correcting to a straight apostrophe (“typewriter") instead of the curved “typesetter” (there are likely better terms for both these), producing a side-by-side compartment attached.

[cid:F73EF753-390C-4E04-B6EE-FCBF80C4B5E2.client.lnu.se]

I did notice that this makes the selected font the overall default font, as you can se affecting menus in a unintended way. There might be other, less desirable, effects of this solution.

It would be nice with a rewrite of xleap to a more up-to-date cross-platform gui option. Should make it easier to utilise existing and likely add more functionality. Sadly I don’t possess the skill level required to accomplish this.

I have also suffered the “deselect” problem and I have also realised that the mouse emulation of XQuartz does not really work. Using a USB connected PC three button mouse and keyboard instead of the wireless apple alternative or the built in trackpad and keyboard has at leas allowed me to zoom and type in the "edit editor”.

Best regards
// Gustaf