Re: [AMBER] xleap

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2020 22:06:32 -0400

On Thu, Sep 24, 2020, Gustaf Olsson wrote:

>Using a combination of xlsfonts, xfd and grep you can pretty much pick
>a font you like and then just make alias entries in your profile for
>separate fonts
> alias times_leap="xleap -fn '*times-bold-r*150*’"
> alias courier_leap="xleap -fn '*times-bold-r*150*’”

This doesn't work for me, at least on MacOS. The way that does work
(again, for me) is described here:

   http://archive.ambermd.org/201707/0353.html

The xleap program is *way,,way,,way* old X-code, written before toolkits
like Qt (etc) were available. Some mouse actions no longer work. But,
a revamping of fonts for modern displays might still be worthwhile. And
if some intrepid soul figures out how to make "deselect" work via the
mouse, that would be great. (There are still some tasks that xleap is
really nice for, but that's probably just because I'm familiar with it,
and not with other drawing programs.)

....dac