Re: [AMBER] Formation of a cyclic peptide

From: Dr. Anselm Horn <anselm.horn.fau.de>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 10:05:59 +0200

Dear RIMJHIM MORA,

I guess, your problem is the automatic transformation of the terminal
residues into their ionic forms via leap, i.e. protonated N-terminus and
deprotonated C-terminus. This is done in leap regardless of any bond
command you issue.

A simple solution for cyclic peptides is to provide leap with the actual
sequence of your system, i.e. using the command loadpdbusingseq.
Assuming a sample peptide with eight residues (AGLVDNKC), you could
issue something like the following in your leap input:

# [... initial parameter loading]
# Define sequence for cyclic peptide without terminal NALA and CCYS
seq = { ALA GLY LEU VAL ASP ASN LYS CYS }
# Load structure of cyclic peptide
cyclicpeptide = loadPDBusingseq peptide.pdb seq
# Form cyclic peptide bond
bond cyclicpeptide.1.N cyclicpeptide.8.C
# [ ... other leap stuff, save files etc]

Other ways to alleviate the automatic terminal residue transformation
exist, though (see the Amber mailing list archive for similar questions).

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Anselm

P.S.: