Re: [AMBER] Combining repeated MD trajectories

From: Clorice Reinhardt <clorice.reinhardt.yale.edu>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2020 05:26:18 -0400

Hi Nada,
You shouldn’t expect your trajectories to be continuous with respect to
RMSD, if they are three independent trajectories. Unless you ran 1
trajectory, and started the next trajectory from trajectory 1’s restart
file, the atom positions are not going to be conserved and hence your plot
will have jumps. You could average the RMSD together resulting from each,
but usually people just report all three on the same graph. Unless you are
going for a longer time scale event like folding, it’s often more efficient
sampling of phrase space to run more trajectories of shorter length anyway.
Clorice